Wednesday, December 5, 2012

2012 Songs of The Season: The Little Drummer Boy

My little brother is a drummer.  Every time I hear today's song of the season, I think about him. When I hear this song, I imagine him with a snare and two sticks in his hands.  I don't picture the almost 25 year old man  he has grown into with gauged ears and tattooed skin.  I picture him as the little boy that I grew up with ... curly blonde hair and as bashful as they come.  Quiet.  Polite.  Humble.  He's still all those things. 

The Little Drummer Boy isn't a traditional Christmas hymn, but it's a classic.  I love the child like depiction it paints of that first Christmas night.  What an honor it would be to play music for the King of all kings.  Or to have the baby Jesus smile at you with a big, toothless, newborn grin.  Precious.  I hope that as you listen, you will envision that holy scene through the eyes of a child.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment