Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 Songs of the Season: Silent Night, Holy Night

I got up this morning, made a pot of coffee, like usual, and then opened our sliding glass door to check the weather.  Had it been April, it would have been the perfect day.  But it's not.  It's December.  It's Florida.  So, to no one's surprise, it felt like Spring more than Winter.  That changed quickly. 

By early afternoon, the clouds started to roll in, and by the two o'clock hour it looked like evening.  There was lightning, thunder, and pouring rain.  Miss G was terrified of the thunder ... to the point she got to take a nap in mommy and daddy's big bed. 

With both of my girls sleeping, I listened to the peacefulness of the down pour.  I sat in my make shift office, also known as the dining room table -- lap top open, brain swirling with ideas, and basking in the glow of the Christmas tree.  I looked at the ornaments on my tree for inspiration on which Christmas song to write about today. 

I spent twenty minutes or longer snapping pics of snowmen, santas, and glittery pretties hung on my tree.  I had nothing.  Looking out the front window, I saw the candles in the window sill.  So peaceful.  So silent.  So pretty.  Such a beautiful display of light and hope against the backdrop of the rain falling from the gloomy, December sky.  My mind instantly went to that first Christmas night - when the Light of the World was born in a manger.  A silent night.  A holy night.  Perfect. 

Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment