Thursday, December 1, 2011

Songs of the Season.

I like themes.  In October, I focused a lot on cooking and the kick off of Fall, not to mention there were a couple of posts on Breast Cancer Awareness.  In November, the focus was being thankful and counting your blessings.  I brought that to you with my Month of Thanks series. 

Today marks the beginning of a new month.  To carry on our thematic tradition, I've decided to do yet another series called Songs of the Season.  Every day, well, hopefully every day throughout the month of December, I will post a Christmas song to help ring in the holiday cheer.  There will be more substance to this series than just thirty one days of Jingle Bells and Ho-Ho-Hos.  I know for some people, the holidays aren't always happy and joyful, as they are for so many of us.  Some are experiencing the holidays for the first time after the loss of a dear loved one.  Others are out of work.  Some are lonely.  Some are terminally ill.  And some are hundreds of miles away from their families.  Whatever the case, I'm hoping that this series will bring just an inkling of holiday happiness to whoever may tune in this month.  And on that note, we will kick things off with something a little goofy.  If the song doesn't make you laugh, the video is sure to crack a smile.  Happy Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. This song reminds me of when I got tired of people asking me what I wanted for Christmas. I replied to my husband, "A turtle." So on Christmas morning I was greeted by a huge tortise made out of a cardboard box and fabric. Under it was a new sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL! That is so cute! I'm not sure how it came about, but for some reason every time my Mom hears this song she is reminded of me. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. :-)

    ReplyDelete