Friday, October 28, 2011

A Fest of Bats.

The title of this post isn't a clever play on words, I'm actually talking about a Bat Fest!! 

For any of you who frequent Dinosaur Mommy's Facebook page, you'll know that I like to ask my readers about their weekends plans, holiday plans, etc.  In light of Halloween coming upon us, I asked if anyone had big Halloween plans for the weekend.  Someone piped in and said they were going to the Bat Festival.  First off, I had no idea there was such a thing as a Bat Fest.  Second, I was a little disappointed to learn that it's only a few miles from where I grew up, yet I didn't know about it until now.  And finally, not only did I not know it was coming this year, but I've been missing it for the last six years too!  The Lubee Bat Conservatory here in Gainesville will be hosting their 7th Annual Bat Festival on Saturday, October 29 from 10:00am to 4:00pm.   It's free, and open to the public.  You can check the flier below, or visit their website for more information.  So, if you're in town, and feeling adventurous, fly on over and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment