Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A-MAZE-ING


It's Fall - yes, I'm obsessed with this time of the year...don't judge me. But do you really blame me? I mean, the weather is amazing, there are pumpkins everywhere, there's good food to be cooked and devoured, the holidays are right around the corner...even the air smells better! And I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but here, people even seem to be in better moods when the weather cools down. Maybe it's because as Floridians, we spend about 10-months out of the year trying to keep ourselves from having a heat stroke, or maybe it's simply that everyone else realizes how awesome Fall is too. Who knows! Who cares! All I know is this time of the year is the best!

In our house, we spend a lot of time outside between the months of October and January. We love to get out, and do things that are fun. Whether it's a walk around our neighborhood or a visit to the park, we just love to be outside. One of the neatest outdoor activities that I've seen that is geared toward this time of the year, is corn mazes! Now, as into the outdoors and Fall weather as I am, I am ashamed to admit that I've never visited a corn maze. And the really pathetic thing is, we have a local corn maze that's been going on for years, yet I've never experienced it. I'm obviously sheltered. This year, however, I'm hoping to change that. I was looking on Facebook earlier, and a good friend of mine posted a link to this great site, The MAiZE. It really is a brilliant play on words. Moving right along, the thing I thought was so great about it, is it's not just local to people in Florida or in the Gainesville area. If you go to their Visit A Maize tab, you'll see the different locations they have including all across the United States, Canada, the UK, and even Poland! And if you get really inspired and are really into corn, you can visit their Own A Maize tab. Hmmm, I wonder what the hubby would think of that?

Until next time, get out, get active, and fall into fun!

Some of their creations:


2 comments:

  1. we went to a corn maze last weekend and it was fun :) (perfect photo opportunity ahem cough cough)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which corn maze did you go too? And yes, definitely a perfect photo opp, lol. Maybe I should take you up on that, hahaha! :-)

    ReplyDelete