Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day Seven: Weekend Getaways.

On day four of my Month of Thanks series, I wrote about my love for weekends.  The only thing I can think of that's better than a regular weekend is an extended weekend.  And the only thing that could make an extended weekend better is a weekend getaway.  This weekend, M and I are blessed to have not only an extended weekend, but we're also going on a weekend getaway.  And I can't wait!  We have not been able to have any kind of miniature vacation or escape since our honeymoon - over four years ago. 

We've had this little escape planned for about three months.  Earlier this evening, I dropped G off with her Grandmom and Poppy (my parents), and M and I went into immediate vacation mode.  We had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant to kick off the weekend, and first thing in the morning we will hop on the road and head north.  Not only will we be able to catch up on sleep, a little lovin', and conversation, but the best part will be the quality us time.  We'll have no computers (which means I'll be on blogging hiatus for a couple of days), no crying baby, no dishes to wash, no cats to feed, no distractions whatsoever.  Just me and him.  Together.  Focused.  The way it's supposed to be.

Me & M on our last getaway - our honeymoon in 2007.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment