Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day Six: 30 Years.

Today, I celebrate a milestone - my thirtieth birthday.  I can't believe it.  For me, it feels like your teens and twenties last forever.  Thirty seems so far away....until it's not.  My twenties were good.  I left home at twenty two, and moved three hours south, with my sister, for school.  Living on your own, you learn a lot about life...a lot about yourself.  I learned some things the hard way, and some things I learned from watching others.  I've had a lot of great experiences, and still have a lot of things I want to do - my bucket list grows every year.  In honor of my birthday, I've decided to make a list of thirty things - things I've either done, experienced, or describe the woman I've grown to be; and things I'd like to experience before this journey ends.  Some are silly, some are serious, some are just for laughs.  But no matter how you want to take it, here's to another thirty years! 

Cheers. 


  1. I've fallen in love.
  2. I traveled to the other side of the world - Japan to be exact.
  3. I married my best friend.
  4. I've given birth.  
  5. I want to go to Greece.
  6. I've gone skinny dipping.
  7. I want to buy a house. 
  8. I've been in a car accident that I should not have walked away from.
  9. I grew up immersed in the world of wheelchair sports...particularly wheelchair basketball.
  10. I want to have more children - soon.
  11. I've never dated a white guy.
  12. I didn't get my driver's license until I was eighteen. 
  13. I want to visit all fifty states. 
  14. I'm afraid of the dark - I really am.
  15. I met my husband online.
  16. I prefer rainy days over sunshine most of the time.
  17. I've never been drunk. 
  18. I'm a pianist.
  19. I collect magnets.
  20. I've learned that your Mom really is always right.
  21. My husband was my first kiss.
  22. I'm over six feet tall.
  23. I've never carved a pumpkin.
  24. I've lived in Florida my whole life. 
  25. I want to go to the Olympics before I die. 
  26. I went snorkeling in the East China Sea.
  27. When I was nineteen, I was diagnosed with a bleeding disorder.
  28. I'm a natural blonde.
  29. My daughter has two middle names.
  30. I've learned that true love does wait.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one on earth who's never carved a pumpkin!!!!!!!! I wouldn't even know where to begin. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, girl...it's funny, bc I thought I was the only one who'd never done it, lol. I guess we're both sheltered. ;-) Maybe next year we can carve pumpkins together - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete