Wednesday, November 9, 2011

T-Shirts for Turkeys.

One of my favorite radio stations is The JoyFM.  I have listened to them since I was nineteen - over ten years now.  Their slogan or catchphrase, if you will, is "Helping You Find Joy".  And they do just that.  Stationed in Sarasota, Florida, they reach cities all across the state.  When I moved from home to Lakeland for school, I was happy to find a local broadcasting station.  These days, while I do listen in the car, most of my listening takes place in my office via their Listen Live tool on TheJoyFM.com.  It's a great source of encouragement especially on days when I'm dragging. 

Putting aside the music, encouragement, and goofiness that is shared over the airwaves, one of the biggest reasons I love this station is for the outreach.  For the past eight years, the people behind the JoyFM have headed up an event called T-Shirts for Turkeys.  What is it?  They set up at different locations within their listening area, and collect turkeys in an effort to feed the hungry during the Thanksgiving season.  This year they will have booths set up in Ocala, Sebring, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Tampa, St. Pete, and many other stops around central Florida.  All of the locations are at Publix Supermarkets, so they shouldn't be hard to find.  Not only will they be accepting frozen turkeys, but they will also accept "paper turkeys" - a ten-dollar donation to go toward the turkey fund.

If you'd like to help in a great cause, buy a turkey or bring a paper turkey, and look for the JoyFM booth in your area!  Please visit their website for more information:  T-Shirts for Turkeys



No comments:

Post a Comment