Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day Three: Our Bed.

No, this is not my bed, but doesn't it look inviting?
"There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed."

Isn't that the truth?  Especially when you've been out of town for a few days, or if you've  been away from home for just a night...it's amazing how comfortable your bed feels upon your return.  I chose to right about my bed tonight not only because it is incredibly comfortable and I am indeed thankful for it, but I'm mainly writing about it because I'm incredibly tired, and the thought weighing most on my brain right now is sleep...not blogging. 

Our bed is a Sealy...I think.  It's whatever brand it is that has the little cartoon sheep in their commercials.  Serta, maybe?  It's one of those S brands.  Either way, it's King sized, pillow top and pretty much like sleeping on a cloud.  Fantastic.  Oh, and did I mention it was free?  It was a wedding gift from M's parents, actually...what a blessing.  It's funny, because we knew we were getting it, but circumstances wouldn't allow us to have it until about two or three weeks post-wedding.  Before we were married, I owned a twin and he owned an extremely uncomfortable futon.  The futon made a trip to the dump, and my single entered the marriage.  You don't realize how small a twin bed is until two people are sleeping in it.  M was usually crammed into the wall, left arm stretched under the pillow that held my head, as I slept with my back facing him - too cramped to even think about moving.  There were some nights that we decided it best for him to crash on the couch...it was the only way we could both get a decent night's sleep.  Needless to say, when our king-sized delight was delivered we were stoked. 

Our bed has seen the walls of four different bedrooms.  It's slept adults, newborns, terrible almost two year olds, and cats.  It's caught water, juice, milk and baby formula spills.  It's worn an array of sheets - red, caramel brown, mint green and hand-me-down florals.  It's suffered a broken, but repaired frame.  It's heard arguments and love...laughter and tears.  It's creaky.  It's squishy.  It's comfortable.  It's ours. 

Our haven of sleep.  Our comfort zone.  Our bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment